To pay attention to when choosing a toothbrush and why everyone needs not only thread, but also an irrigator with a scraper for language
Why it is worth going to the dentist once every six months, even if nothing bothers what the brush to choose for the geytes of the teeth, how to properly use the dental and why everyone needs a scraper for language – on these and other creatures of BeautyHack.RU replied Zarina Bichikareva, Candidate of Medical Sciences, Clinical Consultant and Philips Zoom Expert! and Philips Sonicare in Russia.
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Clinical Consultant and Expert Philips Zoom! and Philips Sonicare in Russia
– The level of development of modern dentistry allows not only to quickly cope with any disease of the oral cavity. If you reveal the problem at the initial stage, you can save and very destroyed teeth. But even if nothing bothers nothing, it is still worth passing a professional inspection from a specialist who can eliminate and see many risk factors – hanging edges of seals and crowns, the crowding of teeth and T.D. Speaking of regularity, it is better to write to the dentist once every six months, because for half a year the teeth have time to accumulate or dental deposits.
Many live according to the principle: if nothing bothers, then there is no need to go to the doctor. However, regret the time and money for preventive inspections – shortly, pay twice as much more (and even in three times!). During cleaning, the doctor diagnoses the state of the oral cavity, removes dental sediment and polishes all surfaces. At the end of the reception, a specialist picks up optimal home care for the prevention of diseases and can teach the patient to the methods of proper cleaning of teeth and language.
First of all, it is important to understand that individual hygiene should be carried out regularly and correctly. Only then will notice the result and the accumulative effect will appear. The rule works here: more – does not mean better. The effect of five-minute irregular cleaning may not be in general, but two minutes with suitable devices will help reduce the risk of disease development and will ensure the health of the teeth and the gums for the long period.
How to choose a good toothbrush
Brushes have a number of features that affect the quality of cleaning – Stiffness, type and arrangement of bristles.
1) Stiffness. The bristle is soft, medium and tough. Soft – more relevant for children and patients with acute oral mucosa diseases. The average rigidity is suitable for most people, and tough bristles are better to use patients prone to rapid formation of dental.
2) bristles On the toothbrush, too, no less important. They can be synthetic or natural. In pursuit of eco-trends, many people think that it is better to choose the second option, but the dentists still choose synthetic bristles.
Before buying, also pay attention to how close the bundles of the bristles are located: the more dense to each other, the more effective will be cleaning.
3) Head size brush. Most people fit medium sized head – she covers two nearby tooth. The larger head is more difficult to clean the distant teeth.
Why electric brush can be better
– There is another question that many are asked: what brush is better – Manual or electric? The answer may surprise you: both types of brushes are effective. The difference lies only in the fact that when cleaning a manual brush, you need to know the correct technique of cleaning and have the right skills, and they are not all, – continues Zarina Bichichiev. – It is also important to take into account at what angle the brush is located to the teeth, the pressure force on the brush and even the direction of movements.
If you brush your teeth with movements from side as many, how many are often done, the flare and particles of food can accumulate under the gums and in the interdental intervals. And it can provoke unpleasant consequences for the health of the gums and the formation of caries. Flap and Food Foods need to be sweeping, that is, making movements with a brush from the gums to the edge of the tooth, while it is important not to put pressure on the brush so as not to injure gums and enamel.
However, of course, it is quite difficult to keep all these moments at the same time, so some choose an electric brush that will do everything for you. For example, one of the best – brush Philips Sonicare. It makes the right motion moving, leaning raid even between teeth and reducing the risk of caries;controls pressure on the teeth and, if necessary, suggests when it needs to be reduced. Another plus: this brush for one minute makes so many movements as the usual brush for seven days of use.
Many confuse sound and ultrasound brushes, thinking that the console «ultra» means greater efficiency. Sound brushes – These are electrical toothbrushes in which the bristles move at high speed, for example, the toothbrushes Philips Sonicare make up to 62,000 movements per minute. Ultrasonic brushes are brushed with an ultrasonic wave, the bristles themselves may even remain fixed. The user may seem that the brush does not publish any sounds, because the human ear is not susceptible to ultrasound frequencies. When using ultrasound brushes, there may be contraindications, for example, the presence of a seal, painful states of the gums.
Additional teeth cleaning accessories
– For complex hygiene of the oral cavity, one toothbrush will not be enough, – also says Zarina Bichichiev. – There are areas that are not available for toothbrushes, and it is in them a large amount of dental plaque accumulates that can cause carious defeat tooth. For individual oral hygiene at a qualitative level, the right choice of additional devices is very important.
Tooth thread or floss
It seems that cleaning dental thread – This is the easiest way to get rid of targets and food residues in interdental intervals. In fact, here too have their own nuances.
Cleaning technique is also very important: if you use the thread incorrectly, you can damage the gum, provoke bleeding and painful sensations in the area of the gums. In order to use it correctly, you need to know several rules for its use:
- The optimal length of the thread can be determined by measuring the forearm length. Usually such a segment is 40-45 cm.
- A small section of the thread is wound on the index finger of the right hand. Left hand holds a free opposite end.
- Cressing the thread of the index and thumb right hand, it must be stretched between two hands and start to the interdental interval. For cleaning the plot of about three centimeters is given.
- Keeping one direction, make moves from one tooth edge to another down-up, usually 5-8 movements are enough.
- As you need, the thread is wound with the finger of the right hand, while the site used is wound on the finger of the left hand. All teeth need to be cleaned by the alternate section of the threads to avoid the transfer of bacteria from one site to another.
The irrigator is needed for careful and safe purification of interdental intervals. Regular use of the irrigator can at times reduce the risk of caries on the contact surfaces of the teeth. Different compositions, ranging from simple water, ending with rinsers as fluid for irrigate. It is better to pour filtered water into it, because the flowable rigid rigid and often leads to a malfunction of the device itself.
A large number of devices are represented on the market: from large stationary for home use to lungs and compact, which are convenient to take with you on travel. For example, Irrigator Philips Sonicare Airfloss in size as a toothbrush, weighs about 300 g and works from a portable battery. He has three spray modes, which allows the patient to choose the desired degree of purification. Also, the device is suitable for cleaning orthodontic structures.
Dentists pay attention that the irrigator is not a complete replacement of the dental filament: it cannot repeat the scurping movements of the latter necessary to thoroughly remove the dental. Therefore, for optimal oral hygiene, it is recommended to use both devices.
Scraper for language
The surface of the tongue is very porous, a large number of bacteria and residues are accumulated on it. And the lack of competent hygiene can lead to the formation of an unfavorable microflora, which is often manifested in the form of an unpleasant smell of mouth. You can solve the problem using nozzles on an electric toothbrush or a special gadget device – scraper.
The scraper needs to move only in one direction: from the rear to the tip, so as not to score the bacteria inside. And do not forget to disinfection rinse it with water after each movement. It seems that the process takes a long time? Do not worry: For regular preventive cleaning, it is enough to spend 4-5 times.
Spray for language
For more efficient removal of the tongue, you can also use special sprays for the language. For example, spray Philips Sonicare (Thanks to certain components in the composition) neutralizes the volatile compounds of sulfur and destroys microbes in the oral cavity.
Indicator for dental
Most often, the plaque indicator is used in dental clinics. But it can be effectively used at home for self-control and in the process of learning cleaning techniques. It happens both in the form of tablets and in the form of solutions that paint flask in a bright color. After cleaning the teeth, the tablet is chewmed, thanks to which the remaining flight is painted. Thus, it is convenient to track which areas in the process of cleaning are not allowed, they should pay more attention.