Tips to help quickly clean any fish
Buy fish is only half of the case, because it needs to be cleaned. And how to do it faster and not get dirty everything around?
Than to clean?
What is best to clean the fish? Everything will depend on the specific type. Several options:
- Conventional kitchen knife. He is in every home, but it is not always convenient to use it, but sometimes even dangerous. In any case, the device must be well sharpened and not too large. Knife can remove large scaly.
- Special Fish Cleaning Device. Outwardly, according to the principle of action, it resembles the most ordinary grater, as it also has holes, in which the scales fall during the movement of the device on the surface of the fish. This device is suitable for removing small scraps.
- Normal Torka. It is also very convenient to use it, because, firstly, several series of scales will be removed at the same time, they will not fly into all directions, because everything will remain inside the grater (if that is not flat, but has several faces).
By the way, make a cleaning device with your own hands. Required several small nails, covers from glass bottles with corrugated edges, as well as a table. Just come up to the plank of several covers with nails. Such a homemade device is suitable for cleaning fish with rather large scales, for example, karai. Also, on hiking conditions, you can make a "fishing" from a canning can, having done several torn holes in her day.
How to clean?
How fast and just clean the fish? This process consists of several stages:
- First of all, river fish you need to wash well in running water, as it rarely happens perfectly clean. This will remove all the garbage from the scales, as well as the mucus, which often interferes with cleaning due to increased sliding. Wash each carcass well. Sea views also need washing, but it may not be so careful.
- Further, the fish is needed slightly, but only slightly, that is, literally for one minute. If it is excessively wet, then it can slip out of the hands. If the surface is dry, then scales will definitely scatter in different directions, and this is afraid of almost all the mistress.
- If you clean the fish with sharp fins or spikes, such as pike perch, then for your own security, all acute parts are preferably pre-removed using a knife or kitchen scissors.
- If you think that there are different cleaning methods, then you are mistaken. The principle is one, different will be only some features. So, put the fish on some surface (for example, on a cutting board), grab by the tail and start cleaning from the tail to the head, that is, against the location of the scales. Keep a carcass tight so that she does not slip. If you browse a small fish, for example, a born, then you can take it in the whole hand, it will be much easier.
- After cleaning you need to wash the fish well to remove the remains of the scales.
- Next you can start taking. First remove all fins and cut off the head. Next from the cutting with a knife gently lead the line from the front to the tail. But do not immerse the knife too deep, you can damage the gallbladder, and because of this, the pulp will become bitter. If you do not plan to remove your head, then first you do the hole with the knife at about the tail (you can simply place it in the anal hole) and gently move to the head. Now carefully remove all the insides and throw them away (caviar, of course, deposit). Next, rinse the carcass from all sides in running water to remove pollution.
The cleaning process itself is quite simple, but there are many nuances and small tricks that will help make it easier and fast. Here is some of them:
- It is best to clean fresh fish, that is, recently caught, not cooled and the more frozen. The fact is that during the life of the skin is more tender and soft, so the flakes are easily and quickly out of it. Ideally, it should be done cleaning right on fishing or immediately after purchase. Even if you cook the fish you are not going, remove all the scales and store the carcasses cleaned and chosen, it is much more convenient.
- If you are afraid that while cleaning is blurred all the kitchen and clothing, you can carry out such a procedure in the cellophane package (preferably transparent so that the process can be controlled) or in the water basin so that the carcass is cavity in it is immersed. And you can simply fill the sink or keep fish under the crane (wet flakes will not raise).
- If you are going to clean the frozen fish, then let it completely melt, otherwise the scales will not be separated.
- If, even after washing, a part of the mucus remained, then you can sprinkle a carcass with salt, and after 2-3 minutes I again wash it well (salt has excellent adsorbing properties, so it will quickly absorb everything too much). You can also sprinkle with salt your own hands if there are no skin damage.
- Little fish is cleaned optional, especially if you are going to fry. During cooking, her small flakes are impregnated with oil and softened, and at the end of the frying will become crispy and fragile.
- If the fish have a very large and tight scales, then try to remove it with your fingers, sometimes it is simpler than the standard cleaning with knife or special devices.
- Produce cleaning (that is, keep the device and exercise all movements) preferably working hand. That is, if you are right-hander, make it right hand. And left-handers will be much more convenient and useful to use left hand. At the same time, another hand must fix a carcass.
- If the flakes are tightly adjacent to each other, then you can pre-separate them from each other with a knife. But it is important not to damage the skin, otherwise you not only do not simplify the process, but also complicate it.
- Clean the fish will be much easier if it is revealed to mouth and fix it in such a position. To do this, you can simply put a toothpick or match in it (if the fish is small).
- Small scout can be removed with salt or sand (if you decide to make cleaning right on the river). Just sprinkle a carcass from all sides and read well, and then thoroughly wash under a strong jet of water.
- If the carcass slip out of the hands, then secure it. This will require a board (any, you can take the old cutting) and awl. Silite pinches a carcass right above the tail and immediately stick it to a wooden surface. Now you do not have to keep the fish for the tail.
- If the knife is not very sharp, then first turn it well.
- If the scales are not separated in any way, then try using a little trick. Just hide the carcass boiling water or literally put it on a minute in just boiling water. You can also load fish for 10-15 minutes in hot water, then move it to the cold, and then go to cleaning.
- If the tail does not strive to slip out of your hand, then try to wrap it with an unnecessary cloth.
- In order for frozen fish after thawing, it is easily recommended to defrost, wrapped with paper or cloth. So the flakes will not be dried and will be easy to separate.
- If you are afraid that the carcass will slip out of the hands, and you dig, you can clean the stupid side of the knife. Also to reduce the training grounds of the procedure, you can use the plug (it is, of course, you need to place a reb.
- If the fish dry out, it will not be easy to clean it and quickly. In this case, it should be slightly moistened with a carcass with cold water or wipe well-moistened rag.
Now you know all the features and tricks cleaning fish, so you can accurately carry it out and quickly.