Tireotoxicosis in women: causes, symptoms, treatment
Thyroid diseases relate to those disorders that may have the most severe consequences if they are not treated. For example, the symptoms of thyrotoxicosis in women often indicate very serious thyroidhood disorders.
About why they arise how to treat them correctly and what to do to avoid their development, the women’s website "Beautiful and Successful" will tell on this page.
Thyrotoxicosis: what a disease?
Under this term means changes in the body that provokes a persistent increase in thyroid hormone levels. Thyareotoxicosis is not an independent disease, it is always evolving against a background of some disorder, more often associated with thyroid dysfunction.
This body is an essential part of the human endocrine system. It produces hormones that participate in the organism metabolic processes. The thyroid gland has several functions:
- participation in cell growth;
- stimulation of tissue growth;
- Support for the work of the body systems;
- Improving mental activity;
- ensuring the work of the reproduction authorities;
- Normalization of emotional background.
With some disorders, the thyroid gland begins to produce an excessive amount of tyrotoxins (hormones that are denoted by conditionally T4 and T3), as a result of this, thyrotoxicosis occurs. Hormone T4 is involved in metabolic processes, accelerating them. With a shortage of tyrotoxins, a person may have a number of violations associated with the slowdown in these processes. Excess T4 leads to the following malfunctions:
- disorder nervous system;
- failures in the work of the reproduction authorities;
- violations of the functioning of internal organs and systems;
- Disorder thermoregulation.
Thyrotoxicosis is manifested by a number of symptoms that may differ from representatives of different floors. As Sympaty found out.NET, syndrome is more often worried about representatives of the beautiful half.
Tireotoxicosis: Symptoms of illness in women
With raising the level of hormone T4 in the blood, the organism is poisoning – toxicosis. Just like other types of poisoning, this disorder is manifested by violation of the activities of internal systems. Most of all nervous fabrics and genitals.
Signs of disorder are manifested not only depending on the gender affiliation of a person, but also on the degree of nestness of the underlying disease that caused a malfunction in the body. The symptoms of thyrotoxicosis in representatives of the beautiful half include:
- Sharp weight loss. Any body weight jumps are usually explained by the disorder in the work of the thyroid gland, since it is it responsible for metabolic processes. If the level of tyrotoxins becomes too high, exchange processes are accelerated several times, it leads to a sharp slimming.
- Hypergidrosis. Increased sweating may be a congenital feature of the body, which is not necessary to treat. However, in the case when a woman who has not known before problems with sweating, the attacks of Spains begin to visit the Endocrinologist.
- Increased fatigue. With an excessive level T4 and T3 in the body, all processes begin to accelerate, which leads to rapid exhaustion. The feeling of fatigue in this case can overtake a woman suffering from thyrotoxicosis, by the middle of the day.
- Tremor limbs or full body. One of the signs of thyrotoxicosis is the shake of fingers in the hands – it is noted in 90% of people suffering from diseases of the thyroid gland. Some women can tremble hands and legs. And jumps hell. Since the exchange processes are accelerated, with the disorders of the thyroid gland in women, the pulse. Any physical or emotional loads are completely imperceptible to a healthy person, people with thyrotoxicosis can cause attacks of tachycardia and hypertension.
- Disorders of thermoregulation. Specific characteristic of thyrotoxicosis – an increase in body temperature in the evenings to 37.5 degrees and its decline to 35 degrees.
- Reducing the concentration of attention and other nervous system disorders. The diseases of the thyroid gland adversely affect the operation of the nervous system, so the sick person cannot concentrate attention on some particular object, quickly tired. Symptoms of pathology are also fussiness, anxiety, sonological disorders. With such a disease, even after a full-fledged eight-hour sleep, a person does not feel herself rested. Due to the high level of hormone T4 women can become hysterical.
- Failures in the women’s cycle. In women, the thyroid gland is responsible for the normal functioning of the reproduction authorities. With thyrotoxicosis, impairment of the menstrual cycle is often noted: it can shrink or increase. Sometimes thyrotoxicosis leads to the disappearance of menstruation for a long period.
- Attacks of muscle weakness. Patients with such disorder complain about the sharp appearance of the feeling of numbness in the legs or hands, which immobilizes the limb and makes a person absolutely helpless.
- Pucheglasie. Due to the activity of thyroid hormones, the eye muscles are overwhelmed, swell, as a result of this, eyeballs are moving closer to centuries. Skull’s eyes are one of the first external signs by which an endocrinologist can determine the woman hyperthyroidism.
If the above symptoms appear, it is necessary to be examined as early as possible in order to understand the cause of pathology. From how correctly the diagnosis will be raised and how soon treatment will begin, its success depends.
Proper treatment in symptoms of thyrotoxicosis in women
Determine the cause of the thyroid disorder in the patient can only an endocrinologist. The factors causing the jump level of the hormone T4 in the human body may be such diseases:
- Greiva’s disease. Disorder is more famous called "Basedova disease". Symptoms of pathology more often manifest in women aged 20 to 40 years. The main reason for the development of the Based Disease is the deficiency of iodine in the body. Patients with such a disease complain of psychological disorders and discomfort in the heart. The thyroid gland is significantly increased in size.
- Toxic nodal goiter. With such pathology in the thyroid gland, nodes are formed, as a result, it increases and begins to produce a double amount of hormones T3 and T4.
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland. Such a disease in women is often developing as a complication after delivery. It is at the pupils with thyrotoxicosis that the postpartum depression is most often developed and develops. Other reasons for the inflammation of the thyroid gland are various infections, stress, injuries, radioactive irradiation.
- Pituitary tumor. Since all organs of the endocrine system are associated with each other, the violation of one of them will attract the development of pathologies in other. In the tumor in the pituitary, the level of hormone is increasing, stimulating the production of tyrotoxins.
- Incorrect nutrition. In some cases, pathology develops with excessive consumption of iodine rich.
Diagnose disorder without special devices, using only inspection, collection of history and palpation, is very difficult. The accurate diagnosis is made after the thyroid scanning of the thyroid gland with radioactive iodine.
Treatment of the disease depends on the cause, which caused it, and from the symptoms accompanying the ailment. However, in any case, therapy will consist of the following directions:
- Reception of oral drugs. These drugs include medicines containing iodine and various hormones. Treatment makes it possible to reduce the production of hormones T3 and T4, to significantly alleviate the patient’s condition, but it has a number of side effects. The results of the admission of such hormonal drugs may become infection, diabetes, hypotension, various lesions of the liver, etc. For this reason, oral treatment is more often used as a temporary measure for the removal of symptoms of pronounced thyotoxicosis of the thyroid gland in women or men.
- Operation. In the case of a strong increase in the thyroid gland, there is a threat to human life, so doctors in such a situation go to a radical measure – surgery. Today there are a number of minimally invasive techniques that allow to carry out surgical treatment of the thyroid gland with minimal risks and consequences.
- Radioactive iodine. Treatment by this method used in base disease and nodes. Radioactive iodine takes inside in the form of tablets or capsules. As a result of such treatment, the cells of the pathological tissue of the thyroid gland are destroyed. The duration of therapy by such a drug is from 3 to 6 months. Side effects of therapy are pain in the throat, hypothyroidism, obesity. Women after such treatment can not be planned pregnancy over the next six months.
- Beta blockers. This group of drugs oppresses the activity of the thyroid gland, as a result of which the production of T4 hormone is reduced. This type of drug also has side effects, the most common among them – hypotension and reduction of the heart pulse rate.
The most important to stabilize the state of the patients has a diet. For diseases of the thyroid gland, accompanied by excessive production of thyrotoxins, it is important to avoid products stimulating metabolism.
Nutrition for thyrotoxicosis of the thyroid
Women with such a disease should be very limited to drinking coffee, tea, chocolate and other caffeine products: they will exacerbate such signs of illness as nervousness, anxiety, sleep disorders. Benefit also will be a refusal to produce allergens. These, first of all, include exotic fruits and seafood.
Nutrition for the diseases of the thyroid gland should include:
- Protein products. The most useful among them can be called poultry meat, nuts, beans. Since with thyrotoxicosis, the appetite is exacerbated, protein products must be in the diet of a person: they are well quenched hunger.
- Dairy products, as well as dishes rich in vitamin D doctors, found out that with many thyroid disorders there is a high calcium consumption, so it is very important to use it in sufficient quantity. The most valuable source of calcium for humans – cottage cheese and cheese. Vitamin D is in eggs, mushrooms, fish.
- Cruciferous vegetables. This group includes color, Brussels, white-baked cabbage, broccoli, radish. Food rich in dishes from them helps reduce the level of hormones T3 and T4.
- Berries. Grapes, strawberry, blueberries, blueberries, blackberry, raspberry – rich sources of antioxidants. They help reduce the severity of signs of organism poisoning by various toxins, including hormonal.
- Products that have linoleic acid. This substance is rich in fatty varieties of fish, linen and olive oil, walnuts. By the way, walnuts are food, which was used to treat thyroid diseases for a long time.
Treatment of thyrotoxicosis symptoms in women is associated with proper nutrition, but not based on it. Get rid of signs of the disease of the thyroid gland solely with the help of the diet will not work. Only a doctor can assign nutrition and patient therapy.
If you ignore even minor signs of illness, hoping that they are temporary, soon discomfort will become even more tangible.
Dangerous consequences of thyrotoxicosis may be irreversible violations of visual acuity, infertility, sudden recurrences of illness with strong psyche disorders.
Thyroid gland is a very complex organ, whose disease is often not cured to the end. However, with timely appeal to the doctor, you can prevent the dangerous effects of pathology, stabilize the patient’s condition, return it to a full-fledged and comfortable life.