Kanaani ; Care, food and content
If you want to start a graceful and beautiful cat as a domestic foot, pay attention to such a breed as Kanani. And to become a responsible owner and the best friend of the animal, study all the features of the content and care.
Description and appearance of the breed
The breed is led by artificial way, and the history of her appearance takes the beginning in Israel. Doris Poncheck loved cats and contained three animals in the house. Once a woman noticed next to his housing of a beautiful steppe Libyan cat. They subsided and tamed him, and later decided to cross with her pet.
The results were impressed and surprised: the kittens were born incredibly beautiful and graceful, but wild and uncommunicative. Doris did not learn attempts and continued breeding on the advice of the owner of one of the local nurseries.
After a long selection in 2000, the experimental breed was officially recognized, and the name was given in honor of the area of Canaan, in which the hencer. It was decided to prohibit any crossing with other breeds, and a little less than ten years ago the breed was recognized by the World Felinological Federation.
Features of appearance are as follows:
- Cananan’s head has minor sizes and triangular form, the frontal part is highlighted. Chin is developed, goes beyond the muzzle. Cheekbones are strongly pronounced, but there are practically no pads under a mustache.
- Ears are large triangular with broad bases and alternate ends, on which brushes may be present (optional). They are planted far from each other, but high, and it creates the feeling that the cat is constantly listening.
- The eyes of the almond form are large enough, planted wide. The color of the iris varies from yellowish to greenish shades, as a rule, light.
- The body is quite large and elongated, has a well-developed muscular, folded organically. The torso is proportional and symmetrical, front and rear parts are about the same in width and are on the same level. The tail is long, it is almost equal to the length of the body, to the tip can narrow.
- Paws are long and not very powerful, which gives the breed grace. Pillows – oval, Dark.
- The coat is hard and short, has a small shock and almost adjacent to the skin. The hairs have color with tinging (alternating yellow and dark pigments), which gives wool an interesting view.
- Color can be both light and more saturated, varies from beige or sandy to coffee and saturated brown. Coloring are marble and spotted.
Character traits and behavior
Kanasani is very old, which is due to the presence in genetics the features of wild unaffected animals. Character has such features:
- Freedom-lithuance. The cat is needed freedom, necessarily a personal space in which strangers will not intervene. Respect the requirements of the pet and do not disturb the boundaries of the site.
- Kanaani do not require constant attention and normally transfer loneliness, but the presence of a person must, otherwise the pet will be unlikely and wild. And yet do not wait from the pet that he will be caught and jumping on his knees.
- Tactile contacts are welcome, but not obsessive. On strokes, the cat can answer with satisfied, but if she cares her caress, she will rise and leave. In the case of discomfort and all the more pain, the animal can recall the predatory instincts and use claws or teeth, so communication with small children is better limited or controlled.
- Kanaani can get along with other animals of the same sizes, if it gets acquainted with them in early childhood and learn to divide the territory. Adult cat can respond to the invasion of the new neighbor aggressively. And small animals and birds are perceived as mining.
- Activity is high enough, because in the wild cats used to examine and master new territories. Canaani can also study the house, and not always without loss and damage.
Features of care
How to care for cat breed kanani? The content involves compliance with several rules:
- Regular walks are needed, but, leaving for fresh air, put on a train or leash, otherwise the cat, interested in something and catching the new smell, will run away and lost. But with the Kananian leash you need to get acquainted from the earliest childhood: to teach the restrictions an adult animal is extremely difficult.
- As the wool is short and deprived of a thick long imprint, then it is just once a week to swell it, applying a special brush.
- Water canaani do not like, so frequent bathing negatively affect the nervous system and behavior. Conduct water procedures just once every three or four months or as contamination, if the favorite often walks and loves active outdoor games. Use cat shampoo.
- Regularly, as contaminated, clean the oars, using a cotton wand with a limiter, moistened either in hydrogen peroxide, or in a specialized solution or animal hygiene lotion. Clean the ears need once a half or two weeks.
- There are a place of separation from the eye, and they need to be regularly (about once every week) to remove with a cotton disk, moistened in water, can with the addition of manganese. may cause difficulties, which is determined by wild ancestors who are not accustomed to this. But if you start work at an early age and be patient, then loves will understand what is required of it.
From the nature of the Canaani omnivores and are not demanding to food, but this does not mean that it is possible to feed a pet in a row. If you give a cat fatty, sharp, salty, flour and sweet, it can lead to a weight gain and obesity, as well as digestive disorders and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
Enter in the diet of your pet a variety of balanced natural food, such as porridge, thermally processed vegetables, boiled meat and fish, fermented milk products. But you can give food, and necessarily high quality. Stick a two-time power and control the size of the portions to avoid overeating.
If you contain kananches at home correctly, the pet will please strong health. Genetic diseases are extremely rare, but sometimes there is a cardiomyopathy, affecting the heart. With nutritional disorders likely a gastrointestinal disease.
The owner must respond to the health of the pet. If the cat walks and communicates with other animals, regularly carry out processing from insects and worms, do everything planned recommended vaccination veterinarian.
Kitten, purchased from an experienced breeder or in a specialized nursery, can cost 80-90 thousand dollars. Pedigree will increase the cost. The breed is rather rare, so buying kittens from the hands of unknown people should not be, if you fundamentally become the owner of the Kanani.
You will be able to conquer the heart of the wayward catani cat, if you become a caring owner and a sure one for her.