Japanese dishes, sushi
The beginning of the History of Sushi lies in the fourth century BC in Southeast Asia. Fish there was mainly used in a canned form – Salt and seasoned – with rice and vegetables and was important (and often the only) source of protein in the diet. She eclipped all traditional dishes put on the table. After giving off the fish was kept in rice, so in the grain, natural processes occurred, helping to keep the meat of fresh. Gradually, the first types of modern sushi appeared – Dzusi. True, then they did not have so widespread. This dish was born due to the procedure for fermenting rice for about 2 months, after which the fish acquired a special taste, and rice – Special properties.
Oddly enough, but appreciated this dish was for the first time in Japan in the VIII century BC.NS. Then he was given the name of Dzusi and he became popular at the end of the period of Muromati. This type of sushi was consumed at that time when the fish was still half ready, and boiled rice did not lose his fragrance. So sushi became one of the main dishes in the Japanese culinary industry. Later, instead of using rice fermentation products, rice began to mix with vinegar and merge not only with fish, but also with dried vegetables and other ingredients. And today in each region in Japan, their recipes with a unique taste are still preserved, making a variety of sushi recipes are different from each other and passing them throughout many generations.
At the beginning of the XIX century, when Tokyo became the top of the food industry, there were still rare groups of the wandering traders, from which new sushi recipes were obtained, such as Nigiri-Dzusi, in which the fish is first combined with sea algae. It is from him later and went basic ways to prepare sushi. After a large earthquake in Kanto in 1923, experienced cooking cookies, preparing NiGir-Dzusi were scattered throughout Japan, the gaze losing their jobs. So many remote areas brought a recipe for the preparation of sushi as we know it now.
In the 80s, at the dawn, raising awareness of awareness to achieve sushi health became one of the most healthy dishes than they have deserved much attention in the world. First, only recognized experienced masters could be engaged in the manufacture of sushi, who were valued for gold weight. But later with the advent of sushi machines, mass production crowded the delicate skills of the sushi masters, and the manufacture and sale of sushi became accessible to many people in all countries of the world.
Types of sushi
With the word «sushi» Most people imagine raw fish. But it is not. In fact, if you go to the Japanese sushi bar and look at fish dishes, a raw fish will be present in a few of them. But even if she looks raw, she previously passed the course of canning, pale, soaking in special solutions and freezing. There are many things that are done with fish before sushi is prepared from it.
First of all, sushi is art. Here are some of the most famous and popular sushi species:
- Sashimi: Slim sliced fish is fed in an attractive form. Raw, cooked or canned fish cuts on 3-5 pieces. Usually served with Vasabi and ginger sauce.
- Nigiri: Fish pieces are served with rice in the form of balls, sometimes with a piece of roasted nori (algae type). The technology of cooking this dish is aimed at the interaction of rice with fish and improving their taste and aesthetic species. One portion consists of two balls.
- Ginkan Nigiri: one of the types of nigiri. Ginkan translates from Japanese as «on the boat». The name of this sushi is derived from the method of preparation, in which the main ingredient is rice embedded in the form of a boat. Three main types of sushi – it is Ginkan, Irkura and Yuni. One portion consists of 2 parts.
- Hosomaci: Thin rolled pieces of fish with a very small amount of rice. The outer shell consists of nori. Gregation of homosacles usually consists of 6 parts.
- Futomaki: Tolstaya wrapped nori sushi filled with many ingredients, its separate parts are very high. One portion consists of 4 – 10 pieces.
- Yuramaki: This type of sushi is very popular in Sushi Bars America. Some say that this is due to the fact that algae is hidden inside the roll, and the beginners of sushi lovers will be less «Ocake» about whether it is worth it. One portion consists of 6 or 8 pcs.
- Techs: wrapped sushi algae, which eat hands like ice cream cone. One part consists of a cone filled with various ingredients.
Energy value sushi
Did you think how many calories in one portion of sushi? Fortunately, with moderate sushi consumption – This is not a dish, because of which you can type excess weight. Enriched with rice, complex carbohydrates, even the standard portion of sushi can be very healthy food, without leaving a lasting and noticeable print on your figure.
Indeed, poor calories seafood are often forgotten unfair. The same type of sushi may contain different number of individual ingredients and, therefore, have different calories, the content of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. But in general, sushi can be considered a dietary product.
In recent years, land is becoming more famous, but there are many issues around this dish regarding health hazards in the consumption of this delicacy. Much of the main ingredients in sushi is very cool. Fish is the main component, it is rich in protein and calcium. If you want to get the maximum dose of squirrel, then try tuna. The main advantage of fatty fish, such as salmon, is that it has omega-3 fatty acids. Fresh fish is healthy food with excellent reputation. Sushi in its value exceed the rich protein content and low fat content of hundreds of types of basic foods in many parts of the world. Sushi is even healthier food than ground animal meat rich in rich fats. Most of the types of sea fish to one degree or another are rich in omega-3 fatty acids that are necessary for healthy eating, since the human body cannot synthesize their biologically. The two most discussed and useful omega-3 fatty acids – This is DHA and EPA, which together with mononaturated acids in olive oil can be more useful for your health than you think.
Fried sea algae, which wrapped fish, are another important source of protein and calcium. In addition, they provide many different vitamins, including 10 vitamin varieties with. This «envelope» Algae also has good digestive properties. Wasabi sauce has excellent bactericidal properties, and also contains vitamin C.
It is also assumed that sushi can help you if you feel tired and broken, if you have depression or headache. The reason why there may be a violation of the work of the thyroid gland. For which iodine, selenium and magnesium. As iodine is contained in sushi, seafood and sea brown algae, the use of these products will lead to a healthy level of thyroid hormones of the thyroid gland.
How omega-3 fatty acids have a positive effect on our health?
- Omega-3 Fatty acids contained in sushi increase the level of good cholesterol in the body. This, in turn, can lead to a reduction in poor blood cholesterol. In general, the presence of these acids has a positive effect on the cardiovascular system.
- The consumption of omega-3 fatty acids is shown by physicians for patients with type 2 diabetes, as the acids contribute to the reduction of blood sugar levels.
- Studies show the relationship between the adoption of omega-3 fatty acids in sushi and strengthen the walls of blood vessels, slowing down blood coagulation and decrease in blood pressure.
- The report in a prestigious medical journal suggests that omega-3 fatty acids reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s disease. Consumption of this type of fatty acids reduces up to 70% The content of the amyloid protein in the brain, which is given as one of the most common causes of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Since Omega-3 fatty acids are necessary for the right development, including newborns, pregnant and lactating women, they must be used with food. Sushi in this regard – ideal «provider» This valuable substance. Today omega-3 fatty acids are recognized as a real method of healing from cardiovascular diseases, and seafood consumption is recommended by doctors around the world. Many people take Omega-3 additives called «fish fat». But I would like to remind, however, that precisely the meat of deep-sea fish is the richest source of omega-3 fatty acids. Namely such a fish and is used to prepare sushi.
Risks associated with sushi consumption
Sushi is considered one of the most useful dishes. But, unfortunately, it has some drawbacks. One of the most discussed questions about the consumption of fish or seafood – This is the amount of mercury contained in them. Another problem is the number of calories. One portion of sushi is unlikely to increase their level radically, but with regular consumption you risk adding to yourself a few unnecessary kilograms. be careful – Calories in these small pieces accumulate mainly due to rice rich in complex carbohydrates. 1 Glass of White Rice Contains 160 Calories.
Sushi has another significant drawback – Like most dishes consisting of raw fish, they may contain parasites. This happens mainly in cases where the fish was poorly purified or caught in contaminated areas of the sea.
As in the consumption of any raw food, the use of sushi carries the risk of making pathogenic organisms, but on the agenda of physicians the risk of increased levels of pollution. In general, the answer to the question «Is sushi with a useful product?» The answer is defined – «Yes». However, you must understand and really assess the risks associated with the use of this product. Recently, researchers abused fish pollution with heavy metals, which may be present in some types of fish, such large predators as a tuna and fisher-sword. In fact, the higher the fish in the food chain is – the more impurities it contains.
Due to the potential risk of presence of such pollutants, like mercury and pathogens, pregnant women and people with a weak immune system, it is recommended to avoid consumption of large predatory fish or any raw meat in the composition of Japanese dishes. There were proven presence of harmful substances in some types of sushi, but the moderate consumption of this dish will not bring a concrete threat to human health. Fortunately, a recent study conducted by the Institute of Medicine shows that the balance is tilted firmly in favor of the positive effects of sushi consumption.
Fortunately, cases of morbidity caused by sushi consumption are extremely rare. Sushi is safe as well as any other food, if it is processed and stored correctly. Although some people will have to take measures to reduce certain risks associated with their current state. For most people, sushi is a safe dish, and it is very useful. Be calm, know the measure and do not fall into extremes – And there will be no problems.
The choice is yours
Weighing advantages and minuses can prevent our choice regarding whether the Sushi Japanese dishet is trusted or not. On the one hand, doctors say that sushi is an extremely useful product containing a lot of useful and irreplaceable substances. On the other side – Approval about what, together with this delicacy, we can infect ourselves dangerous parasites and chemical waste. Ultimately sushi has a number of shortcomings, but then you have to ask yourself – Isn’t Hot Dog or Cola less safe? And everything will fall into place.